Leading the way! - Delta County School Administrators
Welcome to Delta County School District’s Website. Delta County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Our staff provides a caring and compassionate environment as well as a rigorous and challenging curriculum. Communication between parents, communities and school is very important as we involve all stakeholders in the education of our students. The Delta County School District website is designed to assist in informing people about our School District. The school calendar, District policies, vision, sports schedules and many other items can be found from this web site or each individual schools’ website.
It is an honor to serve the many communities in Delta County as the District Superintendent. The support and enthusiasm I witness each day is tremendous. We appreciate the Delta County School District students, staff and community for creating a positive learning environment. The District continues to strive for academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. Our schools are performing well through student growth and achievement. We look forward to meeting the needs of all learners, to ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential, and to prepare our graduates to have options in college and/or enter the workforce or the military.
The recognitions and achievements of our schools are many and are the result of Board and administrator leadership, teacher/staff and student dedication, community support and parent involvement.
District Motto: Caring, Challenging, Learning . . . Every Student, Every Day!
Superintendent Goals 2015-2016
- I. STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
- Goal: Increase achievement and growth for all students.
The Superintendent is committed to providing equal opportunities for all students to achieve and grow. Every teacher must focus on improving instruction to increase achievement and growth for all students. All students should have the support needed to actively engage in their learning.
- During the 2015-2016 school year, Delta County School District:
- • 100% implementation of the adopted K-12 math programs
- • 100% of the traditional District schools will be utilizing the revised English Language Arts (ELA) curriculum
- II. Build Staff Capacity
- Goal: Build our staff capacity to perform at a high level.
Quality instruction is integral to student success. Data-informed decision-making processes, collaborative practice and professional development are essential to our success as a school district.
- During the 2015-2016 school year the District will:
- • begin implementation of new assessment software to track classroom data.
- • develop a strategy to best utilize and analyze data that guides instruction while supporting district planning and leadership decision-making. (School Net Software, ELA Curriculum and new Math software)
- • develop and implement a professional development plan that educates and trains staff with the District’s evaluation system, ICAP, ELA Curriculum, math curriculum and the overall District curriculum
- • engage in professional development to provide staff with a way to directly apply what they know and learn to their students.
- • continue to train and support efforts in CPI, CPR, AED and First Aid trainings.
- • provide instructional support in the area of technology.
- • recruit and retain qualified/certified staff.
- III. STEWARDSHIP OF DISTRICT RESOURCES
- Goal: Provide prudent stewardship of district resources to best support student success.
The School District will utilize resources to improve student achievement and growth within a sustainable budget. The district must also respond to declining enrollment, a student population with more diverse needs, uncertain revenue streams and increasing costs.
- During the 2015-2016 school year the District will:
- • continue to maintain a fund balance of 10% and maintaining a balanced budget.
- • show financial transparency for each school through the building level.
- • support staff and students through additional time for professional development, professional learning communities (PLCs) and developing a creative school calendar for the 2016-2017 school year.
- • continue to maintain staffing model (class size) guidelines that were implemented in the spring of 2014. District will align certified and classified staff with the declining enrollment numbers.
- • continue to apply and earn grants to support the educational system in Delta County.
- IV. STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
- Goal: Engage the communities, staff, families, students, and other stakeholders in supporting our schools and improving educational outcomes for all Delta County students.
Communicate with and establish positive working relationships with the community, other governmental agencies, staff, families, and students.
- During the 2015-2016 school year the Superintendent will:
- • work with community stakeholders and organizations to increase the opportunities for all students to receive a quality education.
- • work with post-secondary education and business community leaders in Delta County to expand opportunities for students so they become a graduate with options.
- • continue to establish open communication while building quality working relationships with Board members. Superintendent will keep School Board members informed and knowledgeable about the business of the School District.
These goals can be downloaded in PDF format here.