Early Childhood / Adult Education
Three Levels ELL
- Beginning ELL
- Intermediate ELL
- Bridge-Adult Basic EducationStandards-Based English Curriculum guides our classroom instruction
GED Preparation Class
- ABE Instruction
- Individualized instruction based on initial and follow-up assessments.
Job Skills Class
- Individualized instruction related to life and job skills.
P.A.C.T. stands for Parent And Child Together Time. Sometimes also called Interactive Literacy Activities.
- This is a time for parents and children to build literacy skills and interact together in the early childhood classrooms.
- They are regularly scheduled sessions
- Valuable one-on-one time where the children's interest and preferences drive the activities, with parents following their lead.
- Staff members help parents learn how to support their children's learning through interaction with each other in meaningful activities, including play.
- Reciprocal learning that takes place during this time offers parents and children a chance to become true partners in education.
- Common PACT Time activities include parents and children reading, playing or creating projects together.
- The PACT component of family literacy is integrated with other components of the program like parent time and adult education. So, parents may prepare for what will happen during PACT time in their adult classes.
Computer literacy is integrated into the curriculum as a tool to teach. Topics might include:
- Basics of Computers
- Windows XP
- Computer Programs
- Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Atomic Learning Tutorials
Job Skills Class
Topics may include:
- Job Search / Job Readiness
- Resume Writing
- Time Management
- Math / Reading Skill Building
- Home visits once a month
- Given in parent's native language (English and Spanish)
- Child Development
- Brain Development
- Current Research
- Parents As Teachers certified parent educators
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Resource and Referrals
- Prenatal to 5 Years
- Parents attend parent meetings and child development classes as well as participate in community offerings to increase parenting knowledge and to help build connections between home and school.
- Parent Time provides information about numerous routine activities that enhance literacy development.
Adult Education Schedule
Classes held at: Delta Center, 822 Grand Avenue, Delta, CO 81416
|8am - 12pm||GED & Job Skills||GED & Job Skills||GED & Job Skills||GED & Job Skills||GED & Job Skills|
|12pm - 3:15pm||ESL/ABE
|6pm - 8pm||Community ESL/ABE