Welcome to Delta County School District’s Website. Delta County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Our staff provides a caring and compassionate environment as well as a rigorous and challenging curriculum. Communication between parents, communities and school is very important as we involve all stakeholders in the education of our students. The Delta County School District website is designed to assist in informing people about our School District. The school calendar, District policies, vision, sports schedules and many other items can be found from this web site or each individual schools’ website.
It is an honor to serve the many communities in Delta County as the District Superintendent. The support and enthusiasm I witness each day is tremendous. We appreciate the Delta County School District students, staff and community for creating a positive learning environment. The District continues to strive for academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. Our schools are performing well through student growth and achievement. We look forward to meeting the needs of all learners, to ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential, and to prepare our graduates to have options in college and/or enter the workforce or the military.
The recognitions and achievements of our schools are many and are the result of Board and administrator leadership, teacher/staff and student dedication, community support and parent involvement.
District Motto: Caring, Challenging, Learning . . . Every Student, Every Day!
The Delta County School District provides a safe and caring environment for all students and staff, meaningful opportunities and innovative educational programs that challenge all students so that they will continue learning as they enter the workforce, begin a career, attend college, or other postsecondary education opportunities of their choice.
Fun Facts about our School District:
- District Covers 1157 square miles.
- Our District has a five-member Board of Directors.
- We deliver quality instruction to 4700 students each day!
- We have a $48 million dollar annual budget.
- We have 600 contracted employees.
- We have 26 instructional sites:
- 4 High Schools
- 3 Middle Schools
- 5 Elementary Schools
- 1 K-8 School
- 3 K-12 School
- 4 Early Childhood centers
- 1 Online Blended Learning Academy
- 3 Alternative High School sites
- 1 Back-Pack Program
- Delta Montrose Technical College
- We have District Office support for:
- Administration offices
- Special Services
- Food Service
- During the 2015-2016 school year, our District served:
- 180,708 Students for breakfast
- 357,815 Students for lunch
- We have 46 Bus routes that travel 2200 miles a day.
- In 2015-2016 our buses traveled 481,859 miles
Aug 15, 2017
- Board Work Session & Regular Session - Download the flyer here.
Jul 21, 2017
- Online registration for the 2017-2018 school year will begin July 24th, 2017. For more information click here.
Jul 13, 2017
- Board of Education Annual Summit - Download the flyer here.
Jul 05, 2017
- Board Special Meeting - July 7, 2017 - Download the flyer here.
Jun 05, 2017
- Board Work Session - June 9, 2017 - Download the flyer here.
For more events, please see our school calendar here.
For our Professional Development calendar, please go here.
School Board Meeting@ Delta Center
Work Session - 12:00 p.m.
Policy Review - 6:00p.m.
Regular Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention - Initial TrainingDelta Performing Arts Ctr Upper Community Room
7:45am - 3:45pm
Labor DayNo classes
Board Work Session@ District Office
School Board Meeting@ Technical College of the Rockies
Policy Review - 6:00 p.m.
Regular Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
Parent/Teacher ConferencesNo school for elementary
September 26th & 27th - Parent/Teacher ConferencesMiddle and high school
We offer medical dental, and behavioral health to all youth aged 0-21 in Delta County. We accept most major insurances including Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid) as well as offer a sliding scale discount application to uninsured families.
For more information, click here.
For more information on DCSD's Gifted & Talented program please visit the Special Services website.
|Posted: Aug 02, 2017||Posted: Jul 11, 2017|
|Posted: Jun 02, 2017||Posted: May 23, 2017|
|Posted: May 19, 2017||Posted: May 02, 2017|
|Posted: Feb 14, 2017||Posted: Feb 13, 2017|