Welcome to Delta County School District’s Website. Delta County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Our staff provides a caring and compassionate environment as well as a rigorous and challenging curriculum. Communication between parents, communities and school is very important as we involve all stakeholders in the education of our students. The Delta County School District website is designed to assist in informing people about our School District. The school calendar, District policies, vision, sports schedules and many other items can be found from this web site or each individual schools’ website.
It is an honor to serve the many communities in Delta County as the District Superintendent. The support and enthusiasm I witness each day is tremendous. We appreciate the Delta County School District students, staff and community for creating a positive learning environment. The District continues to strive for academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. Our schools are performing well through student growth and achievement. We look forward to meeting the needs of all learners, to ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential, and to prepare our graduates to have options in college and/or enter the workforce or the military.
The recognitions and achievements of our schools are many and are the result of Board and administrator leadership, teacher/staff and student dedication, community support and parent involvement.
District Motto: Caring, Challenging, Learning . . . Every Student, Every Day!
The Delta County School District provides a safe and caring environment for all students and staff, meaningful opportunities and innovative educational programs that challenge all students so that they will continue learning as they enter the workforce, begin a career, attend college, or other postsecondary education opportunities of their choice.
Fun Facts about our School District:
- District Covers 1,100 square miles.
- Our District has a five-member Board of Directors.
- We deliver quality instruction to 5,000 students each day!
- We have a $48 million dollar annual budget.
- We have 696 contracted employees and 300 substitutes.
- We have 22 instructional sites:
- 4 High Schools
- 3 Middle Schools
- 6 Elementary Schools
- 1 K-8 School
- 5 Early Childhood centers
- 1 Alternative High School
- Back-Pack Program
- Technical College of the Rockies
- We have District Office support for:
- Administration offices
- Special Services
- Food Service
- During the 2017-2018 school year, our District served:
- 189,175 students for breakfast
- 346,271 students for lunch
- We have 44 Bus routes that travel 2,235 miles a day.
- In 2017-2018 our buses traveled 550,781 miles
- Board Meeting - February 20th, 2020 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Work Session - February 13th, 2020 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Meeting - January 16th, 2020 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Work Session - January 9th, 2020 - Download the flyer here.
- Delta County School Board is attending the Colorado Association of School Boards (CASB) Conference - Download the flyer here.
For more events, please see our school calendar here.
For our Professional Development calendar, please go here.
Board Work Session & Policy Review@ District Office
Work Session - 7:00a.m.
Policy Review - 10:00a.m.
Winter Break BeginsNo school February 17th - 21st
School Board Meeting@ Hotchkiss High School - 6:00p.m.
Parent/Teacher Conferences (Elementary)
We offer medical dental, and behavioral health to all youth aged 0-21 in Delta County. We accept most major insurances including Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid) as well as offer a sliding scale discount application to uninsured families.
For more information, see the Kidz Clinic.
For more information on DCSD's Gifted & Talented program please visit the Gifted & Talented website.
|Posted: Jan 21, 2020||Posted: Jan 10, 2020|
|Posted: Dec 16, 2019||Posted: Dec 06, 2019|
|Posted: Dec 04, 2019||Posted: Nov 18, 2019|
|Posted: Nov 15, 2019||Posted: Oct 28, 2019|